When in doubt, go Jamaican!


I have a favorite seasoning. It makes everything delicious...everything! Jamaican Jerk seasoning is the tops! I like the dry stuff (as opposed to the wet of course) as it coats things nicely!

I have, in my experience, found it to be a great "go-to" spice, a spice mix I use when I say "Crap, what's for dinner?" My fave way to use it is on shrimp (which are always in my freezer and take little time to defrost), pan sear and serve with a spicy mayo on a roll or with rice. It is my little hero in the pantry.

Last week I had some ground pork, (managers special at Hannaford)and had purchased some Caribbean ingredients and the following was what became our delish dinner.

Jamaican spiced pork burgers with mango salsa, fried plantain, and spicy slaw! Yum. Thank you Jamaican Jerk seasoning, you are a spicy, savory little angel.

Comments

Popular Posts