Honor, Party of 7

It is a beautiful sunny, a bit windy, fabulous day on Pine Point in Scarborough, Maine. (Just outside of Portland). I ended up here on a whim, sort of. Husband Josh and I were supposed to go to Mass. to visit his brother Adam and family, but it didn't work out. So we headed to Maine instead to visit with my Aunt Marcia, who yesterday laid my Uncle Ben's ashes to rest. Since I didn't get to be there for that I decided to make Ben's (and his friend Hendo's) steak tip recipe for dinner for everyone.

My mom, Uncle Chris, and cousin Lisa & her husband Greg are all here so I bought 3 lbs of steak tips and tossed them into the marinade, then the cooler and drove the 4 hrs. to the coast. We had them alongside some roasted vegetables with two dipping sauces, (caper horseradish and curry) and some roasted garlic in oil with Italian bread. There was wine, of course. We tried three different bottlings. Here is the order in which we ranked their yumminess...

1. Barranc Dels Closos Priorat from Spain
2. Tamburlaine North Bore Shiraz from Australia
3. The Velvet Devil Merlot from Washington State

This morning my mom and I went for a walk on the beach and I found a sand dollar. I haven't found one in ages, my Uncle was still alive the last time. I'm taking this as a gift from him, a reward for cooking his steak tips on his grill...correctly!

Comments

Popular Posts