Chianti for Gino

My brother-in-law Gino is Italian. Very Italian. He eats an average of 5lbs of pasta a week, he should have stock in Sambucca, and when it comes to wine, it's always Chianti. So when he's in town, as he was two weeks ago before flying off to South Korea (he's in the army), I brought home a bottle of Chianti, as well as some other Italian reds I was determined to force upon him. Apparently my plan to make him try other Italian red wines was successful, so successful in fact that we never made it to the Chianti before he left. My sister, who will be joining him in South Korea shortly, and I decided to have it in his honor and I'm really glad we did because I forgot how good this particular bottle is.

The Chianti Classico from Fattoria Rodano is located in the famed region of Castellina in Chianti. The original farm dates back from the Middle Ages. Its pristine vineyards spread over to over 100 hectares is located at 200-300 meters above sea level. It's the perfect location to create classic, soulful Chianti Classico.
This wine has a nice earthy funk on the nose. Mushrooms, earth, and ample tobacco lead into a velvety mouth of raspberry, blackberry, and cherry. It's all rounded out with a zing of acidity and a spicy finish.

To pair it perfectly, and to honor Gino the pasta eating Italian soldier in South Korea, have it with a big bowl of pasta with a rich meat ragu.

Comments

Popular Posts